Monday, September 27, 2021

Frequently Asked Health Care Questions

Q. How can I change my coverage options? 
A. Each November, you have the option to make any changes to be in effect for the upcoming January – December year. Contact the Benefit Office for the appropriate forms. If you have a “life changing event” such as divorce, loss of other coverage, etc, you may qualify to change your options at the time of the change. Contact the Benefit Office for events that may qualify as “life changing.”
Q. How do I know what is considered eligible for reimbursement for the Reserve Dollar Bank? 
A. Once your Reserve Dollar Bank has accumulated over $10,000, you may use the excess for eligible health related expenses. There are certain expenses that your Plan does not cover. If you are unsure about Plan coverage, refer to your Summary Plan Description or call the Benefit Office.
Q. How does my Reserve Dollar Bank work?
A. Participants in this fund with the exception of employees participating under a monthly premium agreement are eligible to accumulate a Reserve Dollar Bank. Each participant will have added to his/her Reserve Dollar Bank the difference between the total amount of contributions made on his/her behalf and the monthly cost of his/her selected health plan. This is not a vested benefit. This Reserve Dollar Bank may be used for continued eligibility and if over $10,000, may be used for reimbursement of eligible health related expenses.
Q. How do I add my new baby or spouse to my insurance plan? 

You must submit a marriage license to the Benefit Office within 30 days of your marriage or for a new baby you must submit a birth certificate to the Benefit Office within 30 days of the birth of your child. Send the document to:

Tri-County Building Trades Health Care Fund

P.O. Box 368 Troy, MI 48099-0368
Attn: Eligibility
For all other dependent coverage changes, please contact the Benefit Office. 
Q. Whom should I call if I have questions about my eligibility? 
A. Please contact the Benefit Fund Office at: (248)641-4902 or (866) 599-3176 for all eligibility questions.