Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I make a payment towards the continuation of my Health Care coverage?
A. To continue coverage in the Plan, your self-payment must be automatically withdrawn from your monthly pension check. Please contact BeneSys at (844) 563-8911 for more information.

If you have questions regarding your pension benefits through the City, please contact Retirement Systems of the City of Detroit (RSCD) at 313-224-3362.
Q. Is there an office I can visit to meet with a Benefit Representative to discuss my coverage and plan options?
A. Yes, we have two locations where Knowledgeable Benefit Representatives are ready to assist you. You may visit the Benefit Office, which is located in Troy at:
700 Tower Drive
Suite 300
Troy, MI 48098

You may also visit our Detroit location at:
TMR & Associates
601 Abbott Street
Detroit, MI 48226
Q. Who should I call if I have questions about my Health Care eligibility?
A. Please contact the Trust Fund Office Toll Free at (844) 563-8911.
Q. Who are my eligible dependents?
  • Your lawful spouse
  • Your natural children up to age 26
  • Your legally adopted children up to age 26
  • Your step-children up to age 26
Q. How do I add my new baby or spouse to my insurance plan?
A. You must submit legal documentation to the Trust Fund Office, along with a completed Enrollment Form. You can download the Enrollment Form off of this website located under "Forms" and mail it into the Trust Fund Office.
Forms Required Are:
  • Spouse - Copy of your marriage certificate
  • Child - Copy of your child's birth certificate.
  • Step-Child - Copy of child's original birth certificate along with proof of residency (Tax Returns & Divorce Decree/Court Documents)
Q. Who should I contact if I'm getting a divorce and what documents do I need to submit?
A. Please call the Benefit Office and advise the Eligibility Department that you are getting a divorce or have already gotten a divorce. You will also need to submit a FULL copy of your Dissolution of Marriage Judement and court-filed QDRO (Qualified Domestic Relations Order) to this office.